Kurt Gottfried, a recognized leader in the scientific community on missile defense and nuclear terrorism, has been awarded the 2016 Scientific Freedom and Responsibility Award from the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS).
128 Related Result(s)
- Visit the AAAS Force for Science website to follow the latest updates related to AAAS advocacy activities. News_0207_HoltHearing_teaser.png Rush Holt fields questions on everything from scientific research to the costs of regulations to curb climate change during House hearing. | Carla Schaffer/...
- The nation’s leading scientific, engineering and academic organizations are calling on President Donald Trump to rescind the executive order on immigration and visas issued on 27 January, declaring it damaging to scientific progress, innovation and U.S. science and engineering capacity.
- News_1218_HoltOpEd_full.png Rush Holt reaches out to Trump administration in effort to protect international scientific collaborations. | Chet Susslin/National Journal The American Association for the Advancement of Science called on President Donald Trump to consult with the world’s largest...
- In the wake of the presidential election, AAAS CEO Rush Holt acknowledged the concerns of young scientists and engineers in an op-ed calling on them to “Speak up, keep calm and carry on.”
- In the wake of a polarizing election, science has never been more important for informing sound policy and ensuring progress for all Americans, AAAS CEO Rush Holt wrote in an op-ed published on 18 December in The Star-Ledger of New Jersey.
- News_0812_ReligionParrot_teaser.png Harvard Research Associate Irene Pepperberg studies the cognitive abilities of African Grey Parrot Griffin. | Stephanie Mitchell/Harvard staff photographer Understanding similarities in the cognitive and moral capacities of humans with animals can make humans...
- Congress’ failure to reach an agreement on spending measure before a midnight deadline marks another setback for the nation’s scientific enterprise.
- The American Association for the Advancement of Science has signed a memorandum of understanding with the science commission of Chile’s Senate, agreeing to collaborate on work to enhance the science-policy interface, science communication and science diplomacy in the Americas.
- AAAS and Sigma Xi forge an alliance to leverage the work of the two broad-based scientific organizations to promote and advance science.