Steven Chu has been chosen as president-elect of the American Association for the Advancement of Science.
128 Related Result(s)
- Scientific groups raise concerns in the wake of reports that CDC staff were directed to avoid certain words in federal budget documents.
- AAAS and APS presidents seek justice for physician and scientist Ahmadreza Djalali, who faces death sentence, in letter to Iran President Rouhani.
- AAAS applauded 73 House and Senate lawmakers Wednesday for fighting to keep out of a final tax overhaul measure provisions that would saddle graduate students with significant tax increases.
- Scientific and engineering societies urge the Senate to resist provisions included in the House-passed tax bill that would render graduate education less affordable.
- The new AAAS Fellows will be recognized on Saturday, Feb. 17, 2018 during the Fellows Forum at the 2018 AAAS Annual Meeting in Austin, Texas.
- Scientific and engineering organizations also appealed to House leaders to preserve existing tax benefits.
- Five early-career female scientists were honored Thursday evening as this year’s recipients of the L’Oréal USA For Women in Science fellowship awards.
- A federal report strengthens global climate change findings, giving policymakers evidence to develop responses, said Rush Holt, CEO of AAAS.