Scientific and engineering societies urge the Senate to resist provisions included in the House-passed tax bill that would render graduate education less affordable.
133 Related Result(s)
- The new AAAS Fellows will be recognized on Saturday, Feb. 17, 2018 during the Fellows Forum at the 2018 AAAS Annual Meeting in Austin, Texas.
- Scientific and engineering organizations also appealed to House leaders to preserve existing tax benefits.
- Five early-career female scientists were honored Thursday evening as this year’s recipients of the L’Oréal USA For Women in Science fellowship awards.
- A federal report strengthens global climate change findings, giving policymakers evidence to develop responses, said Rush Holt, CEO of AAAS.
- Mona Nemer, Canada’s chief science advisor, visited AAAS on Oct. 23, her first trip abroad since Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau named her to the post just shy of a month ago. She met with AAAS CEO Rush Holt and other AAAS leaders. Nemer was named a Fellow of AAAS in 2016 for her “...
- AAAS and Mexico’s scientific organization sign agreement to foster scientific collaborations and integrate scientific knowledge into policymaking.
- AAAS Fellow and a member awarded the 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry for developing a type of microscopy that reveals life’s smallest molecules at work.
- Three American Association for the Advancement of Science fellows were awarded the 2017 Nobel Prize in Physics.