The development of a new additive that helps meld incompatible types of plastic together, which holds important implications for recycling, has won the 2017 AAAS Newcomb Cleveland Prize.
1314 Related Result(s)
- The most agile hummingbirds owe their nimbleness to muscle strength and power, as well as wing shape and size, according to a new study in the February 9 issue of Science.
- Former AAAS President James McCarthy is one of two recipients of the renowned 2018 Tyler Prize for Environmental Achievement for his work to understand and communicate the effects of climate change.
- A smart phone application to de-escalate tensions during traffic stops, a voting machine to give the disabled an accessible way to cast a ballot and a community-based research project to test the impact of mining on the Hopi Navajo Reservation’s groundwater provide snapshots of practicing science...
- Former Vice President Joe Biden will stress the urgency to advance cancer prevention, detection, treatment and care during a newly added plenary address at the American Association for the Advancement of Science’s upcoming 184th Annual Meeting on Sunday, Feb. 18.
- Emerging viruses already circulating in the Western Hemisphere could infect fetal tissue and might have the capacity to cause birth defects, according to preclinical findings published January 31 in Science Translational Medicine.
- AAAS announced the selection of 15 food and water security researchers as the 2018-19 AAAS Alan I. Leshner Leadership Institute Public Engagement Fellows on February 15. They have demonstrated leadership and excellence in their research careers and an interest in promoting meaningful dialogue...
- Under the new program led by AAAS, educational institutions commit to removing barriers to STEM achievement for women, minorities and people with disabilities through participating in a program of voluntary self-assessment.
- The government shutdown that threatened the nation’s scientific enterprise, interrupting activities of federal science agencies, ended Monday evening.