Maureen Kearney is the new director of the AAAS Center of Science, Policy and Society Programs.
Office of Public Programs
198 Related Result(s)
- AAAS director looks to the day when science is an overarching framework that drives scientific knowledge, understanding and the policies it informs.
- Cancer research is at an “inflection point” where scientists must adapt to new ways of sharing data and putting patients at the center of care, said former Vice President Joseph R. Biden, Jr. at the 2018 AAAS Annual Meeting.
- The public and politicians need to focus on solutions to limit and adapt to climate change, said atmospheric scientist Katharine Hayhoe at the 2018 AAAS Annual Meeting.
- News_0218_Urry_full.jpg Meg Urry, a professor and director of the Yale Center for Astronomy and Astrophysics who has advocated to increase the number of women and minorities in science, delivered a topical lecture on sexual harassment at the 2018 AAAS Annual Meeting. | Professional Images...
- Modern slavery, or human trafficking, is multifaceted and requires a range of research-based methods to measure its reach and remove and rehabilitate its victims, according to a panel of experts at a Feb. 18 news briefing at the AAAS Annual Meeting in Austin.
- To meet its ambitious goal of “curing, preventing or managing all diseases by the end of the century,” the Chan Zuckerberg Science Initiative is crafting its own new tools and technologies along with funding top scientists, the Initiative’s inaugural president of science, Cori Bargmann, said at the...
- Science begins to unlock the secrets of older people with brains that age well as advances continue to add years to the average lifespan.
- Families are greeted by the sound of laughter and whirring robots upon arrival to Family Science Days in Texas’ Austin Convention Center.
- Researchers have uncovered two hidden layers beneath a Pablo Picasso painting from his Blue Period and traced the casting of several Picasso bronzes to “rogue” foundries operating in occupied Paris during World War II.