The nation’s leading scientific and engineering societies are raising new concerns about the impact of President Donald Trump’s latest visa and immigration policy.
Office of Public Programs
160 Related Result(s)
- AAAS’ Education and Human Resources department aims to provide opportunities for students at all levels.
- AAAS Fellow and a member awarded the 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry for developing a type of microscopy that reveals life’s smallest molecules at work.
- Three American Association for the Advancement of Science fellows were awarded the 2017 Nobel Prize in Physics.
- Two AAAS members – one of them a AAAS fellow – were awarded the 2017 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine.
- News_0928_HalcyonRobotReport_full.jpg Robotics will transform jobs, eliminating some creating others, and the impacts will be inconsistent, all factors that require in-depth research to guide policy responses, report says. | ICAPlants/Wikimedia Commons ( CC BY-SA 3.0 ) Robotic innovations will...
- The Golden Goose Award honors federally funded, often odd-sounding scientific research that yields significant benefits. | AAAS/522 Productions The field of fuzzy logic may deal with vague or imprecise information, but in the five decades since Lotfi A. Zadeh, the late University of California,...
Fostering and facilitating the responsible practice and application of science in the service of society.Scientific freedom and scientific responsibility are essential to the advancement of human knowledge for the benefit of all. Scientific freedom is the freedom to engage in scientific inquiry, pursue and apply knowledge, and communicate openly. This freedom is inextricably linked to and must be...
- Trust-building, effective communication and hands-on diplomatic experience were the focuses of the 2017 Science Diplomacy & Leadership Workshop.
- For AAAS Science and Technology Policy Fellows, making the transition from science to the world of federal policy can require a shift in thinking.