The government shutdown that threatened the nation’s scientific enterprise, interrupting activities of federal science agencies, ended Monday evening.
Office of Public Programs
218 Related Result(s)
- Congress’ failure to reach an agreement on spending measure before a midnight deadline marks another setback for the nation’s scientific enterprise.
- The American Association for the Advancement of Science has signed a memorandum of understanding with the science commission of Chile’s Senate, agreeing to collaborate on work to enhance the science-policy interface, science communication and science diplomacy in the Americas.
- A daily, 60-second radio program produced by AAAS that provides tidbits of scientific information online and over the airwaves marked its 30th anniversary on Jan. 11.
- AAAS and Sigma Xi forge an alliance to leverage the work of the two broad-based scientific organizations to promote and advance science.
- Regenerating organs for patient transplants, research and policy questions for “smart” vehicles, advances in the fight against cancer, and voter participation in elections will be discussed in Austin, Texas at the 2018 American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) Annual Meeting, the...
- The winners of the 2018 AAAS/Subaru SB&F Prize for Excellence in Science Books exemplify outstanding and engaging science writing and illustration for young readers.
- Two recent papers take important steps toward evaluating the impact of participating in public engagement on scientists. Most evaluation of public engagement with science has focused on impacts on the public participants. Assessing the effects on scientists could help document the mutual exchange...
- Scientific groups raise concerns in the wake of reports that CDC staff were directed to avoid certain words in federal budget documents.
- news_1214_religionreporters_teaserfull.png Brandon Ambrosino, left, Peggy Fletcher Stack, William Saletan and Yonat Shimron are the winners of 2017 AAAS Science for Religion Reporters Awards. | Third from left, credit Ethics & Public Policy Center, others subject provided Stories on the value...