103 Related Result(s)
- Kurt Gottfried, a recognized leader in the scientific community on missile defense and nuclear terrorism, has been awarded the 2016 Scientific Freedom and Responsibility Award from the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS).
- The winners of the 2018 Wachtel Cancer Research award have found innovative ways to study the evolution of cancer and the dietary origins of intestinal cancer.
- Nir Grossman is the 2018 winner of the Science & PINS Prize for Neuromodulation, for his work on nonsurgical ways to stimulate the deep brain.
- News_030818_scipak_sartorius-prize_fullsize.jpg Cancer cell (white) being attacked by T cells (red). The new technology could be used to reduce toxic side effects from T cell immunotherapies. | NIH Image Gallery / CC BY-NC 2.0 Kole Roybal is the 2018 grand prize winner of the inaugural Sartorius...
To recognize scientists, journalists, and public servants for significant contributions to science and to the public’s understanding of science, the Association administers the awards listed below. All awards are presented at the AAAS Annual Meeting immediately following the award year.AAAS Newcomb Cleveland Prize 2016 Award Recipient The 2016 Newcomb Cleveland Prize was awarded to Robert Gütig for his outstanding research article "Spiking neurons can discover predictive features by aggregate-label learning," published in Science 4 March 2016 . To discover relevant clues for...
- Linda Sealy, director of the Initiative for Maximizing Student Diversity at Vanderbilt University, has been selected to receive the 2018 Lifetime Mentor Award from the American Association for the Advancement of Science.
- Keivan Stassun, the Stevenson Professor of Physics and Astronomy and senior associate dean for graduate education and research at Vanderbilt University’s College of Arts and Science, has been chosen as the winner of the 2018 AAAS Mentor Award.
- Johanna Varner, a scientist who has developed citizen science programs that empower people to participate in science, has been chosen by the American Association for the Advancement of Science to receive the 2018 Early Career Award for Public Engagement with Science.
- Pennsylvania State University professor and climate scientist Michael E. Mann has been selected to receive the 2018 AAAS Public Engagement with Science Award.
- Marc Edwards, a civil and environmental engineer whose team documented lead contamination in the water supply of Flint, Mich., has been awarded the 2018 Scientific Freedom and Responsibility Award from the American Association for the Advancement of Science.