Kurt Gottfried, a recognized leader in the scientific community on missile defense and nuclear terrorism, has been awarded the 2016 Scientific Freedom and Responsibility Award from the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS).
90 Related Result(s)
- Stilianos Louca is the 2017 Grand Prize winner of the Science & SciLifeLab Prize for Young Scientists, for his work on metabolism, microbes and the environment.
- SB&F announces the finalists for the AAAS/Subaru SB&F Prize for Excellence in Children's Science Books . The prizes, which are fully supported by Subaru, recognize recently published works that are scientifically sound and foster an understanding and appreciation of science in young readers...
- For his work in brain development, Flavio Donato is the 2017 grand prize winner of The Eppendorf & Science Prize for Neurobiology.
- Five female scientists will receive grants of $60,000 each to further their postdoctoral research through L’Oréal USA’s For Women in Science fellowship program.
- Three prominent journalists will discuss the challenges of accurately reporting and presenting the latest science news in a series of campus lectures.
- Two AAAS members – one of them a AAAS fellow – were awarded the 2017 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine.
- The AAAS/Subaru SB&F Prize for Excellence in Science Books celebrates outstanding science writing and illustration for children and young adults. The prizes, meant to encourage the writing and publishing of high-quality science books for all age groups, are awarded in four categories: Children’...
- Meaghan Creed is the winner of the Science & PINS Prize for Neuromodulation for research that helps make sense of the biology underlying addiction.
- news_0728_goodarzi-wachtel_full.jpg Hani Goodarzi speaks about his Wachtel Award-winning research at the National Institutes of Health. | Sam Million-Weaver/ AAAS A track record of cutting edge computational analysis combined with technically challenging experiments to discover how cancer cells...