The scientific community needs to pursue basic research and commercial applications at the same time to expand innovations and U.S. competitiveness.
S&T Policy Forum
36 Related Result(s)
- Scientific institutions need to increase diversity by placing more professors with underrepresented backgrounds on the faculty or in leadership roles, said Kenneth Gibbs.
- Research investment and targeted policies are needed to prevent innovative energy technologies from languishing in the laboratory.
- Challenges facing science impact public support, and the scientific community must work to maintain societal relevance, said AAAS S&T Policy Forum.
- Health care sciences and manufacturing hold the key to advancing S&T innovation and safeguarding U.S. global leadership in the field.
- The American Association for the Advancement of Science will hold its 43rd annual Forum on Science & Technology Policy on June 21-22 in Washington, D.C. Members of the science and policy communities will gather under the banner of “U.S. Science, Innovation and Competitiveness: Current Status...
Fostering and facilitating the responsible practice and application of science in the service of society.Scientific freedom and scientific responsibility are essential to the advancement of human knowledge for the benefit of all. Scientific freedom is the freedom to engage in scientific inquiry, pursue and apply knowledge, and communicate openly. This freedom is inextricably linked to and must be...
- Communicating the value of science is a vital undertaking that will continue long after the March for Science brings together friends and supporters worldwide, said several experts at the 2017 AAAS Science & Technology Policy Forum.
- At a time when scientific findings are not trusted by the public, or popular with some policymakers, it is essential for federal agencies to remain vigilant against internal and external pressures to suppress or impede the use of science, experts said.
- With rates of sea-level rise along parts of the nation’s Eastern seaboard increasing three to four times faster than the global average, experts are working to mitigate the effects by identifying threats, organizing collaboration among governments and organizations, as well as examining better...