The nation’s leading scientific, engineering and academic organizations are calling on President Donald Trump to rescind the executive order on immigration and visas issued on 27 January, declaring it damaging to scientific progress, innovation and U.S. science and engineering capacity.
68 Related Result(s)
- AAAS participates in the EuroScience Open Forum 2018. Kei Koizumi addresses the state of federal research funding.
- The Next Einstein Forum Global Gathering 2018 in Rwanda featured African research and explored how to accelerate the continent’s innovation capacity.
- AAAS forges alliance with Science & Technology Australia, pledging to foster collaborations to enhance the role of STEM on the global stage.
- Marquiza.jpg Cuban neuroscientist Marquiza Sablón at Washington University in St. Louis, where she worked on advances in Alzheimer's detection. | Nilantha Bandara The new U.S. policy on Cuba is holding back science collaborations that can accelerate by years the development of early detection and...
- Speakers at two international conferences supported by AAAS stressed the importance of increased female representation in scientific fields.
- Scientists must connect personally with policymakers, speakers said at this year’s World Science Forum.
- Mona Nemer, Canada’s chief science advisor, visited AAAS on Oct. 23, her first trip abroad since Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau named her to the post just shy of a month ago. She met with AAAS CEO Rush Holt and other AAAS leaders. Nemer was named a Fellow of AAAS in 2016 for her “...
- AAAS and Mexico’s scientific organization sign agreement to foster scientific collaborations and integrate scientific knowledge into policymaking.
Fostering and facilitating the responsible practice and application of science in the service of society.Scientific freedom and scientific responsibility are essential to the advancement of human knowledge for the benefit of all. Scientific freedom is the freedom to engage in scientific inquiry, pursue and apply knowledge, and communicate openly. This freedom is inextricably linked to and must be...