Linda Sealy, director of the Initiative for Maximizing Student Diversity at Vanderbilt University, has been selected to receive the 2018 Lifetime Mentor Award from the American Association for the Advancement of Science.
379 Related Result(s)
- Keivan Stassun, the Stevenson Professor of Physics and Astronomy and senior associate dean for graduate education and research at Vanderbilt University’s College of Arts and Science, has been chosen as the winner of the 2018 AAAS Mentor Award.
- Johanna Varner, a scientist who has developed citizen science programs that empower people to participate in science, has been chosen by the American Association for the Advancement of Science to receive the 2018 Early Career Award for Public Engagement with Science.
- Pennsylvania State University professor and climate scientist Michael E. Mann has been selected to receive the 2018 AAAS Public Engagement with Science Award.
- Marc Edwards, a civil and environmental engineer whose team documented lead contamination in the water supply of Flint, Mich., has been awarded the 2018 Scientific Freedom and Responsibility Award from the American Association for the Advancement of Science.
- Lassina Zerbo, in using his scientific expertise and leadership ability to tackle difficult challenges and promote world peace, has been chosen by the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) to receive its 2018 Award for Science Diplomacy.
- news_0209_citizensci_full.png Citizen scientists investigate artifacts at the Smithsonian Environmental Research Center during a 2017 open house. | Chesapeake Bay Program/Flickr CC BY-NC 2.0 Citizen scientists play a significant role in achieving scientific results, according to a panel of experts...
- Arthur Bienenstock, associate director of the Wallenberg Research Link at Stanford University and former president of the American Physical Society, is the winner of the 2018 Philip Hauge Abelson Prize given by the American Association for the Advancement of Science.
- The development of a new additive that helps meld incompatible types of plastic together, which holds important implications for recycling, has won the 2017 AAAS Newcomb Cleveland Prize.
- Former AAAS President James McCarthy is one of two recipients of the renowned 2018 Tyler Prize for Environmental Achievement for his work to understand and communicate the effects of climate change.