Five female scientists will receive grants of $60,000 each to further their postdoctoral research through L’Oréal USA’s For Women in Science fellowship program.
361 Related Result(s)
- AAAS Fellow and a member awarded the 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry for developing a type of microscopy that reveals life’s smallest molecules at work.
- AAAS has made a $10,000 donation to the AAAS Caribbean Division to help the Puerto Rican scientific enterprise rebuild in the wake Hurricane Maria.
- Three American Association for the Advancement of Science fellows were awarded the 2017 Nobel Prize in Physics.
- Two AAAS members – one of them a AAAS fellow – were awarded the 2017 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine.
- News_0928_HalcyonRobotReport_full.jpg Robotics will transform jobs, eliminating some creating others, and the impacts will be inconsistent, all factors that require in-depth research to guide policy responses, report says. | ICAPlants/Wikimedia Commons ( CC BY-SA 3.0 ) Robotic innovations will...
- The Golden Goose Award honors federally funded, often odd-sounding scientific research that yields significant benefits. | AAAS/522 Productions The field of fuzzy logic may deal with vague or imprecise information, but in the five decades since Lotfi A. Zadeh, the late University of California,...
- Trust-building, effective communication and hands-on diplomatic experience were the focuses of the 2017 Science Diplomacy & Leadership Workshop.
- For AAAS Science and Technology Policy Fellows, making the transition from science to the world of federal policy can require a shift in thinking.
- Courtroom testimony and reports stating that fingerprints collected from a crime scene belong to a single person lack scientific foundation.