Lassina Zerbo, in using his scientific expertise and leadership ability to tackle difficult challenges and promote world peace, has been chosen by the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) to receive its 2018 Award for Science Diplomacy.
103 Related Result(s)
- Arthur Bienenstock, associate director of the Wallenberg Research Link at Stanford University and former president of the American Physical Society, is the winner of the 2018 Philip Hauge Abelson Prize given by the American Association for the Advancement of Science.
- The development of a new additive that helps meld incompatible types of plastic together, which holds important implications for recycling, has won the 2017 AAAS Newcomb Cleveland Prize.
- Freelance writer Julianna Photopoulos and mobile app reporter Xiaoxue Chen are among the five recipients of the 2018 EurekAlert! Fellowships for International Science Reporters awards, marking two firsts for the fellowship program – the inaugural recipient from the Balkan region and the first...
- The winners of the 2018 AAAS/Subaru SB&F Prize for Excellence in Science Books exemplify outstanding and engaging science writing and illustration for young readers.
- Stilianos Louca is the 2017 Grand Prize winner of the Science & SciLifeLab Prize for Young Scientists, for his work on metabolism, microbes and the environment.
- SB&F announces the finalists for the AAAS/Subaru SB&F Prize for Excellence in Children's Science Books . The prizes, which are fully supported by Subaru, recognize recently published works that are scientifically sound and foster an understanding and appreciation of science in young readers...
- For his work in brain development, Flavio Donato is the 2017 grand prize winner of The Eppendorf & Science Prize for Neurobiology.
- Five female scientists will receive grants of $60,000 each to further their postdoctoral research through L’Oréal USA’s For Women in Science fellowship program.
- Three prominent journalists will discuss the challenges of accurately reporting and presenting the latest science news in a series of campus lectures.