Kurt Gottfried, a recognized leader in the scientific community on missile defense and nuclear terrorism, has been awarded the 2016 Scientific Freedom and Responsibility Award from the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS).
137 Related Result(s)
- Visit the AAAS Force for Science website to follow the latest updates related to AAAS advocacy activities. News_0207_HoltHearing_teaser.png Rush Holt fields questions on everything from scientific research to the costs of regulations to curb climate change during House hearing. | Carla Schaffer/...
- The nation’s leading scientific, engineering and academic organizations are calling on President Donald Trump to rescind the executive order on immigration and visas issued on 27 January, declaring it damaging to scientific progress, innovation and U.S. science and engineering capacity.
- News_1218_HoltOpEd_full.png Rush Holt reaches out to Trump administration in effort to protect international scientific collaborations. | Chet Susslin/National Journal The American Association for the Advancement of Science called on President Donald Trump to consult with the world’s largest...
- In the wake of the presidential election, AAAS CEO Rush Holt acknowledged the concerns of young scientists and engineers in an op-ed calling on them to “Speak up, keep calm and carry on.”
- In the wake of a polarizing election, science has never been more important for informing sound policy and ensuring progress for all Americans, AAAS CEO Rush Holt wrote in an op-ed published on 18 December in The Star-Ledger of New Jersey.
- News_0812_ReligionParrot_teaser.png Harvard Research Associate Irene Pepperberg studies the cognitive abilities of African Grey Parrot Griffin. | Stephanie Mitchell/Harvard staff photographer Understanding similarities in the cognitive and moral capacities of humans with animals can make humans...
- Science enthusiasts gathered on the National Mall in Washington, D.C., on Saturday, joined by supporters at some 230 satellite rallies in towns and cities across the globe for what was an endorsement of scientific evidence and a celebration of its discoveries.
- AAAS forges alliance with Science & Technology Australia, pledging to foster collaborations to enhance the role of STEM on the global stage.
- In a March 26 letter to Justice Department Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, AAAS CEO Rush Holt said some of the new measures constitute much-needed and welcome changes relating to the testimony or statements examiners are permitted to offer in latent finger print analyses.