Maureen Kearney is the new director of the AAAS Center of Science, Policy and Society Programs.
143 Related Result(s)
- Cancer research is at an “inflection point” where scientists must adapt to new ways of sharing data and putting patients at the center of care, said former Vice President Joseph R. Biden, Jr. at the 2018 AAAS Annual Meeting.
- News_0215_PBHockfield_full2.jpg Susan Hockfield kicked off the 2018 AAAS Annual Meeting in Austin, Texas, fielding questions from journalists gathered for the five-day event. | Professional Images Photography A virus genetically engineered to build battery components is one example of how 21 st...
- The government shutdown that threatened the nation’s scientific enterprise, interrupting activities of federal science agencies, ended Monday evening.
- Congress’ failure to reach an agreement on spending measure before a midnight deadline marks another setback for the nation’s scientific enterprise.
- The American Association for the Advancement of Science has signed a memorandum of understanding with the science commission of Chile’s Senate, agreeing to collaborate on work to enhance the science-policy interface, science communication and science diplomacy in the Americas.
- AAAS and Sigma Xi forge an alliance to leverage the work of the two broad-based scientific organizations to promote and advance science.
- Steven Chu has been chosen as president-elect of the American Association for the Advancement of Science.
- Scientific groups raise concerns in the wake of reports that CDC staff were directed to avoid certain words in federal budget documents.
- AAAS and APS presidents seek justice for physician and scientist Ahmadreza Djalali, who faces death sentence, in letter to Iran President Rouhani.