Scientific and engineering organizations also appealed to House leaders to preserve existing tax benefits.
141 Related Result(s)
- Five early-career female scientists were honored Thursday evening as this year’s recipients of the L’Oréal USA For Women in Science fellowship awards.
- A federal report strengthens global climate change findings, giving policymakers evidence to develop responses, said Rush Holt, CEO of AAAS.
- Mona Nemer, Canada’s chief science advisor, visited AAAS on Oct. 23, her first trip abroad since Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau named her to the post just shy of a month ago. She met with AAAS CEO Rush Holt and other AAAS leaders. Nemer was named a Fellow of AAAS in 2016 for her “...
- AAAS and Mexico’s scientific organization sign agreement to foster scientific collaborations and integrate scientific knowledge into policymaking.
- AAAS Fellow and a member awarded the 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry for developing a type of microscopy that reveals life’s smallest molecules at work.
- Three American Association for the Advancement of Science fellows were awarded the 2017 Nobel Prize in Physics.
- Two AAAS members – one of them a AAAS fellow – were awarded the 2017 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine.
Fostering and facilitating the responsible practice and application of science in the service of society.Scientific freedom and scientific responsibility are essential to the advancement of human knowledge for the benefit of all. Scientific freedom is the freedom to engage in scientific inquiry, pursue and apply knowledge, and communicate openly. This freedom is inextricably linked to and must be...