Early eclipse expeditions prompted today's vital studies of the sun’s outer atmosphere snf helped scientific institutions emerge.
Office of Public Programs
123 Related Result(s)
- Second Century Stewardship fellows took part in a communications workshop designed to improve how scientists share their research with the public.
- The 2017-2018 cohort of AAAS-Lemelson Ambassadors has created inventions ranging from waterless toilets to colorized disinfectant additives.
- Senate appropriators begin to step away from big cuts in fiscal 2018 spending and set down investments in the scientific and technology enterprise.
- The scientific process is endangered by a lawsuit seeking disclosure of a cache of emails between two University of Arizona climate scientists, says an amicus brief AAAS joined.
- Secretary of State Rex W. Tillerson must act swiftly to appoint a respected scientist or engineer as his science and technology adviser.
- Determining if a fire is accidental or due to arson is a process often plagued by poorly understood science, subjective judgments on the part of investigators and inadequately trained personnel, according to a new AAAS report on the quality of fire investigation in the United States.
- Visit the AAAS Force for Science website to follow the latest updates related to AAAS advocacy activities. news_0707_nationalmonuments_full.png Among the more than two dozen monuments being scrutinized by the Trump administration is the Carrizo Plain National Monument in southeastern California...
- Disbanding an independent forensic science commission could jeopardize advances that have helped reinforce the reliability of forensic evidence.