Conducting her dissertation research in the highlands of western Kenya on factors affecting contraction of malaria gave Kacey Ernst insight into why spending time with a community is critical to improving public health.
Office of Public Programs
206 Related Result(s)
- Science enthusiasts gathered on the National Mall in Washington, D.C., on Saturday, joined by supporters at some 230 satellite rallies in towns and cities across the globe for what was an endorsement of scientific evidence and a celebration of its discoveries.
- AAAS forges alliance with Science & Technology Australia, pledging to foster collaborations to enhance the role of STEM on the global stage.
- Human rights organizations are now able to tap the scientific knowledge of a forensic anthropologist and nine other scientists, engineers and health professionals in real-time, thanks to a new service from the American Association for the Advancement of Science.
- AAAS, the world’s largest general scientific organization, announced Thursday that it will partner with the March for Science, a worldwide nonpartisan movement highlighting the essential role that science plays in understanding our world, improving our daily lives and informing policymaking in...
- In a March 26 letter to Justice Department Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, AAAS CEO Rush Holt said some of the new measures constitute much-needed and welcome changes relating to the testimony or statements examiners are permitted to offer in latent finger print analyses.
- The American Association for the Advancement of Science applauded President Donald Trump for signing into law a $1.3 trillion fiscal 2018 spending measure on Friday that delivers significant increases for science.
- The design of cities, buildings and rooms can affect humans on a neurological level, said experts during a discussion at the American Association for the Advancement of Science in Washington on March 15.
- Maureen Kearney is the new director of the AAAS Center of Science, Policy and Society Programs.
- AAAS director looks to the day when science is an overarching framework that drives scientific knowledge, understanding and the policies it informs.