Recent changes to the definition of "development" make the bottom line look a little different, but better align with international practice.
R&D Budget Analysis
284 Related Result(s)
- A review and summary of R&D funding proposals in the White House budget request for the 2019 fiscal year.
- The recent Senate bill would provide both agencies with all-time funding highs amid continuing rejection of White House R&D budgets.
- Additional details on funding increases for NASA, energy, and agriculture R&D also emerged.
- NASA, NSF, and energy science were winners in this week’s spending bills, while veterans’ health and agricultural research would receive more modest boosts.
- Congress prioritized funding for central S&T programs, but trimmed research around domestic nuclear detection.
- New projections raise the prospects of stagnant funding for R&D.
- NIST’s innovation and industrial competitiveness programs received plus-ups, while research facilities construction secured a huge funding boost.
- Congress also preserved funding for a new polar-orbiting satellite program that was targeted for deep cuts by the Administration.
- Congress dismissed the Administration’s broad cuts to ecosystems research, natural hazards science, and climate R&D.