Under the current slate of legislation, moderate increases would allow agency research dollars to continue their recent growth.
R&D Budget Analysis
286 Related Result(s)
- Climate and environmental science activities were shielded from the Administration’s proposed cuts, and would fare better than recent House appropriations.
- The upper chamber also preserved funding for NOAA climate change research grants slated for elimination by the House and Administration.
- Legislators were somewhat more generous than the Pentagon, but would redirect some defense research dollars to other needs.
- Recent changes to the definition of "development" make the bottom line look a little different, but better align with international practice.
- A review and summary of R&D funding proposals in the White House budget request for the 2019 fiscal year.
- The recent Senate bill would provide both agencies with all-time funding highs amid continuing rejection of White House R&D budgets.
- Additional details on funding increases for NASA, energy, and agriculture R&D also emerged.
- NASA, NSF, and energy science were winners in this week’s spending bills, while veterans’ health and agricultural research would receive more modest boosts.
- Congress prioritized funding for central S&T programs, but trimmed research around domestic nuclear detection.