In a busy week, House appropriators tackled space, agriculture, defense, energy, and the National Science Foundation, with some energy technology programs particularly hammered.
R&D Budget Analysis
286 Related Result(s)
- House appropriators refuted the Administration’s request to cut VA medical research, though bigger spending issues loomed.
- Under the Trump Administration budget, NIH would see an historically large funding reduction, while the VA, CDC, and FDA research programs would founder.
- The Trump Administration's proposed budget cuts defense S&T and boosts DOD weapons systems development, while making large reductions to EPA and U.S. Geological Survey research.
- The president's budget proposes significant cuts to science-related programs across the federal government. These cuts, if enacted, will impact science programs and R&D at the Departments of Agriculture, Commerce, Defense, Energy and more, as well as at the Environmental Protection Agency,...
- The Trump Administration would curb federal support for NIST lab and industrial R&D programs, USDA research funding, and NOAA's climate and environmental programs.
- See also: USDA, NIST, and NOAA in the FY 2018 Budget Request As mentioned in yesterday’s quick summary , the Trump Administration’s full budget request is seeking historically large cutbacks in federal science and technology programs, particularly to basic and applied research (see table at right;...
- The double-digit percentage cuts President Donald Trump is proposing in his fiscal 2018 budget plan for science and technology programs would “devastate America’s science and technology enterprise” and weaken the nation’s economic growth, Rush Holt, CEO of the American Association for the...