news_080118_sanitizer_fullsize.jpg Some bacteria are growing resistant to hospital alcohol sanitizers, according to a new report from Australia. | Dilated Time Scientists have discovered that a drug-resistant bacterial species that commonly causes hospital infections is becoming increasingly...
316 Related Result(s)
- Scientists have detected an underground reservoir of liquid that may be saltwater under Mars' southern polar ice cap.
- Different skills set in low and high-wage occupations may help explain why middle-wage jobs are disappearing in the U.S.
- A combination therapy fortifies the aging immune system against infections such as flu and pneumonia, according to new clinical trial results.
- The study reveals just how susceptible people are to expanding their definitions of a threat or a problem, a phenomenon that could potentially impact health, education and justice policies.
- Migrants and asylum seekers coming to Western European countries provide a boost to their host country's economy.
- Scientists testing a new vaccine and probiotic treatment have found that both reduce the severity of cholera infections in rabbits and mice.
- news_0606_DeepSeaVent_full.jpg Organisms from deep sea hydrothermal vents are among the ocean dwellers with patented genetic material. | NOAA Ocean Exploration & Research One corporation has registered nearly half of all patents on marine genetic sequences and virtually all marine genetic...
- News_052418_scipak_Asteroid_fullsize.jpg The Chicxulub impact may have driven an abrupt global temperature increase that lasted for 100,000 years. | Donald E. Davis via NASA in Public Domain When the Chicxulub asteroid smashed into Earth 65 million years ago, the event drove an abrupt and long-...
- Globally, one-third of protected land is under intense pressure from road building, grazing, urbanization, and other human activities, according to a new study in the 18 May issue of Science.