Gravitational waves are ripples in time-space that only occur under a handful of extreme cosmic conditions.
279 Related Result(s)
- A long-term monitoring mission by NASA yields valuable insights into the carbon cycle and how it may be altered by a changing climate.
- Three-quarters of a worldwide sample of honey are contaminated with at least one neonicotinoid pesticide, a new study concludes.
- News_0928_zika_full_169.jpg Transmission electron microscope image of Zika virus (red), isolated from a microcephaly case in Brazil. | NIAID A single genetic change, acquired in 2013, likely gave the Zika virus the ability to cause severe fetal microcephaly, researchers report. The findings ,...
Fostering and facilitating the responsible practice and application of science in the service of society.Scientific freedom and scientific responsibility are essential to the advancement of human knowledge for the benefit of all. Scientific freedom is the freedom to engage in scientific inquiry, pursue and apply knowledge, and communicate openly. This freedom is inextricably linked to and must be...
- A new Neandertal skeleton suggests these ancient humans had an extended period of brain growth compared to modern humans.
- News_0911_earthquake_full.jpg Damaged buildings at Pescara del Tronto after the 2016 Amatrice event, with soft soils that collapsed during the earthquake. |Luigi Innocenzi Scientists testing a newly created earthquake forecasting model said that the model reliably forecasted the time, location and...
- A bat's echolocation can be tricked by smooth, vertical surfaces--like those presented by glass windows.
- An "immune clock" of pregnancy could guide future researchers as they explore ways to prevent disorders like preterm birth.
- Arsenic contamination of groundwater may affect up to one-fourth of Pakistan's population.